The day dentistry taught me alot of lessons.

Hello beautiful souls,
Its me, yes I am alive. I am so sorry I couldn't post anything for such a long time. I was busy with my exams and all the studying got me real bad. Well I still have more exams but I still wanted to write something. 


So I was thinking a lot about what I should post and then it hit me. My 1st year of Dentistry is coming to an end and I have learnt a lot in this one year. I wish i knew all those before entering a Dental school but alas. Anyways so I decided to write my lessons down and give them away to people who are starting the Dental/Medical college or want to. They might help people in other fields to. So here it goes.
NUMBER 1: 
Never ever ever make friends on the first day of your Dental school or in any school. Just never. Its like you MUST not make friends on the first day or to be on the safer side don't make friends during first year. Its not that you are always gonna find bad friends or something, its that the first day or for few months people present you their most edited versions and by the end of the year you will see a lot of changes in people. So if you end up with bad people its gonna ruin it for you. 
  So on the first day if someone approaches you and asks you something, simply answer it and move. They might think it a bit rude but believe me it'll be worth it. I've seen "squad goals" squad breaking up. Just have a good terms with everyone and get to know them, once you are satisfied; befriend them. Most importantly choose friends yourself , don't let people choose for you (If you know what I mean).
NUMBER 2:
Remember study over fun. I know you wanna have party, night outs, gossip hours and all kind of fun with your pals in university/college but honey you have to cut most of the fun out. I am not saying bury yourself under books and do nothing, all I am saying is study>>>> fun. All the people in Dental/Medical colleges (or any higher colleges or universities) know how hard they worked to reach their goals and how much they've paid for this, so you don't want it all to go to waste. Have fun but when you gotta study , study. It doesn't matter where your family or friends are going, your future is more important.
NUMBER 3:
Never miss out on lectures, ever. I've seen students say I'll read the ppt slides once teacher provides it to us. NO! just no. Remember most of the teachers make their exam papers from what they teach. If you are not paying attention maybe you miss that points that were important. Like my biochemistry teacher, emphasizes on the things she'll give in paper ( I tell you she makes 100+ ppt slides for one topic, if you don't listen to important things you will be found reading all those 100 slides).
NUMBER 4:
Always make notes , irrespective of the notes your teacher will provide you. The things you write with your own hands end up being easier to learn later than the ones you don't write. Those notes are like treasure to you. 
NUMBER 5:
Stick to one study source. I've seen students till the professional examination still figuring out whether to use mini Guyton or the "actual big" Guyton. Use one source, if you started from The Guyton, use it the entire year and if you used mini then keep it. Because if you don't use one book , you'll remain confused between what is right and what not. It is better to use the source your teacher suggested; be it a website, books or their slides. Don't listen to what your seniors or other students tell you is better. 

Remember its not that confusing if you follow one path. Just go with the flow. Study hard and take breaks. Lets be honest most of us , including me, cannot study everything every day but we can study something everyday. The subject that is most hard for you at least study it everyday for like 10 to 15 minutes and believe me by the end of the year it'll be the easiest one.

Well that is all I have for you guys today. If you want me to post on every subject separately or need any help you know what to do. Wish you all best of luck with your fields of studies.
See ya soon! Lots of love xoxo.


                                   ADIOS!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day it was still an introduction.

The day we talked about insecurities.